Read me on ExpertColumn

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Dear Parents

Dear parents I am lucky to have thee
Dear parents I am lucky to be me
Dear parents I am lucky to say WE
Dear parents I am lucky to be free.

Father! O Father! How is it that you?
Have a son like me, so bad and so untrue.
Mother! O Mother! I am not a proper heir
To represent you both, so honored and fair.

It must pain you, father, to see how I turned out
It must pain you, mother, to know how I fail
It must pain you both, to see my clout
It must pain you a lot, to see me frail.

All my life I fear,
To open my eyes and not find you near,
All my life I was scared,
That I would not have one who cared.

I fear, dear parents, that I may lose you,
I fear dear parents, that I have disappointed you,
But above all I fear, to see in you
Tears of sorrow, to speak your emotions true.

Before its too late let me swear an oath,
To be a son, to make proud you both,
Before its too late let me hug you once more,
So I may not lament it, when you are no more.

The weight of time is heavy upon mine shoulder
The cold of night grows even colder,
For I sense an end edging ever nearer,
Try as I might, I see it closer and clearer.

Dear mother, I want to apologize,
That I never could clean the room,
Nor could I ever water the plants.
Dear mother I am sorry, to disregard when you criticize.

Dear father, how can I say?
That I am sorry for not being up with the first ray?
Dear dad, I tear my hair,
For not appreciating how much you care.


All your comforts and all your dreams,
All your pleasures and even your seams,
You sacrificed for me, and I,
Couldn’t even for you kill a fly.

Oh this sorrow, oh this agony,
Oh these gloom, oh this monotony.
Too late, 'tis too late,
Nothing remains now, tis too late

No comments: