Read me on ExpertColumn

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Memories unforgettable and unforgotten

Chased by ghosts past,
O soul when will thou breathe thy last?
When will these phantoms stop chasing,
you in your dreams un-phasing?
When will these specters of old,
stop appearing before your eyes tired and cold?
Will there be no respite? Will there be no relief?
Will there be no relief for thy unshakable belief?
When will these hurtful memories cease to affect?
When will this burden lighten my chest?
O sinful soul! When shall thee breathe,
the clean fresh air and not let the wreathe
of some memory coming back to haunt thee?
When will this be? Pray I, please tell me.

2 comments:

mother of children said...

a tear to clear in my eyes that read
these painful lines of ur soul so dead
i pray that towards peace n joy ur soul head

I.Q.bal said...

shed not tears, for they are just water
shed your fears, look after your daughter,
i shall be fine for i have you
i shall be fine for i love you
memories may be painful but they are small
for i have our memories long and tall.